Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lost letters - things good to know about Mexico

1) Post office
I do not recommend to use a mexican post office. First of all, it's not cheap. Secondly, your family, friends probably will never receive letters, postcards from you!
I sent my bill from the visit at the dentist to the insurance company in Poland and unfortunately after almost two months they did not received it! At the same day I sent postcards to many places in  the world and my friends have not seen them yet... and maybe will never see.
It looks like mexican post office is sending all mails by ship through the ocean. Although, even if we skip the ocean my friend from Pennsylvania did not see it in his the mailbox either...

2) Streets
You have to be careful walking on the pavement in the city... Streets are not only full of litters but also have got 0,5m deep holes. I was close to brake my legs few times, because I was watching shops and surrounding instead of put my head down and staring at the sidewalk...

3) Water
It is not recommended to drink water from the tap, even to boil a tea. Water in the bottles are in every shop. If you are planning to live here longer you should buy a big glass bottle (about 10 liters). When you are run out of drinkable water it is easy to replace it on the full bottle for 15 pesos. The car with fresh water is driving around the streets every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment